my name is tatiana, but my friends and family call me tutta. I love writing articles that bring a bit of creativity to everyday life.
how to choose the perfect name for the coffee shop
so you have what it takes to open a small local coffee shop: serious barista skills, recipes for tons of amazing drinks, and the knowledge to prepare delicious meals.
Reading: Cafe names ideas
See also: How to make a Café Racer tail cowl
That’s all great and totally necessary, but what are you going to call your coffee shop? brew a big cup of coffee for this one because it’s going to require your attention.
Look around at all the successful coffee shops in your area and you’ll notice that most of them have big names. Just like in any other type of business, choosing a name that is unique and catchy is an important part of the business planning process. you want a passerby to actually walk in, and a good name can make that happen.
catchy coffee shop name ideas
coffee name brainstorming tips
here are some ideas to consider when thinking of the perfect name:
- keep it simple: choose a name that is short and sweet and try to avoid cafe names that are difficult for the average citizen to pronounce or spell (pun intended). you want them to be able to remember you instead of settling for the nearest coffee shop chain. (yes, we’re looking at you, starbucks!)
- Find your specialty drinks and treats: Find inspiration, perhaps at the bottom of a cup of coffee (or two, or three). “Espresso,” “mocha,” and “latte” all sound good in a name, especially for someone who craves a cup.
- use your own name: if your name is joe, celebrate it with a shot of espresso! espresso joe sounds pretty good! Even if your name isn’t Joe, it will add personality and homeliness to your cafe’s name.
- Use your location: Location plays an important role in the success of your coffee shop, so why not emphasize it in your store name? Manhattan Mocha, Jacksonville Java, and Boston Baristas are just a few examples to get the juices (or should I say coffee) flow!
- use adjectives: use a coffee drink or tasty treat in the name? try adding different adjectives (spicy, homemade, sweet, etc.) to see what goes well together.
- Use the theme: If your cafe will have a theme, incorporate it into the name if possible.
- Think about your audience: Are you trying to target your coffee to a certain crowd of people? If this is the case, keep this in mind when thinking about coffee names. young people probably don’t frequent a cafe called “old man’s cafe”.
- 50 Cute Diner Names Who doesn’t love dining at a mom and pop restaurant? If you have a passion for customer service and food, combine them with management skills and open a restaurant. Check out these 50 cute restaurant name ideas!
- 75 Cute and Creative Bakery Names Choosing a name for your bakery is a piece of cake with this list of 75 cute and creative bakery names.
- 50 Bakery and Cupcake Business Names Eat your cupcake and eat it too when opening a cupcake business! Every cupcake shop needs a deliciously adorable cupcake business name! Here are 50 name ideas to help you name your store!
get opinions from others
after making a very long list of possible names (it’s okay to list a few that seem silly or outrageous, as this list will be shortened, and after reading these outrageous names a few times, you might like them more), give the list to close friends and family members and ask them to choose the names they like. this will give you an idea of what names will give your coffee shop that top-of-the-line appeal, the kind of appeal that can make all the difference.
If you’re really having a hard time coming up with a name, or if you find yourself stuck between a few good ones, invite a group to discuss it over coffee (how appropriate!). keep drinking that coffee and the name will come to you.
See also: The Original Story of the Cafe de Paris